'Kite' 'Kite'

Chu...

There is very little movies I check on newgrounds because very little movies is really worth checking (although those are truly worth checking) and when I came across the name I really hoped for a unique story, no matter how animated. Animation is on OK level, I would say and I had a feeling as if it's definitely a vessel for telling a story rather than animation done for animation sake. And perhaps that's why I feel so disappointed as there is very, very little plot, girl character seems to have no identity whatsoever and the only emotional moment when kite gets away sounds too much like a forced experience and -- what is worse -- sounds damn close to one of moments in Adam Phillip's animations (mix of music and animation, to be more precise; I'm not sure which episode of his, perhaps "Waterlollies" but I'm not sure). That said I think it's rather mediocre and it lacks a lot. Although ,from the other hand I see some potential here and I like that something heading to original in drawing style or in palette. What I truly miss here is some sort of artistic expression, soul and heart behind the events and, of course, characters. Who are you, mr artist? This poor-looking, common, ordinary to the end girl? Hell, I haven't got a clue who you can be. And that saddens me because art is a vessel for expression of who we are and how we feel.

In The Dark Trailer In The Dark Trailer

Hmm...

Very well-crafted. Well animated, regardless of junky style and well paired with music. Definitely a labour of love.
But from the other hand trailer is very much like almost everything Hollywood conceives nowadays plus "I have heard it before" music (not because of it being taken from some song).

It looks like a well-done introduction to odd entertainment but lacks in both originality and art.

Comick responds:

I have to disagree with you. Hollywood tries to keep animation in the kid's play room. You would never see this kind of art, subject matter, or plot made for an animation in a Hollywood studio. And they would clean up the trailer so there is not a tiny bit of blood haha. :) But thank you for seeing the work I put into my animation.

30 Halfwit Hero 30 Halfwit Hero

Oh well... :)

I'm usually totally not into this kind of things but... This one was a well-made witful parody with really fantastic use of simple pixel art, sounds and atmosphere. Congrats!

Lines In Time Lines In Time

Very interesting :)

Wonderful marriage of simple style good animation and symphonic music. Congrats!

the third world war: 2075 the third world war: 2075

What I love about the animation is

That you have made fantastic use of music. Music and motion are very coherent here, they act as one which strengthens the experience. And second thing is that you've used simple graphics, sort of a doodle-style but you were able to express a lot of emotions so the movie is full of drama. Kudos for that :) Plus, you have some really interesting shots there.

saveourplanet saveourplanet

Important

A very much needed video :)

@ koad
There are at least two reasons, imo. First is that if you but from a market (which equals local farmers) you most likely buy organic food, which means it is healthier as it is not part of a mass food production. It shall also taste better :) Second reason would be that you support local farmers instead of farmers from other countries which should be better for your fellow citizens and economy of your country. Plus, you support small businesses instead of gigantic corporations (such as the ones standing behind supermarkets).
This is often called "co-op" food. If you want more information or would like to verify what I've said, google it :)

Trains Trains

Really great, I loved it!

Simple but... there is something very charming in it. Also, great takes! :)

Evil-eS Vs Smileys Evil-eS Vs Smileys

It's not bad at all

Plenty of face expressions and interesting body movement so I would agree with user Kaspotcho and say: go for something more complex not in terms of animation but in terms of plot and music.

The Only Thing I Know The Only Thing I Know

Splendid :)

Well-written. Well-thought. Interesting and, although you do not think of it this way, actually proving that you have achieved wisdom of some sort. It's not ultimate, you are not a guru yet (as for true wisdom you should never really become one), but you don't only ask questions, you rather speak from knowledge gained from answering the questions which, in the end, leads you to wisdom. Not about people, society or ultimate answers but about yourself (which I find most important).
And that's great. I'm honestly very happy to see that you decided to do something more with your life than only entertain yourself.
And this makes me feel like I'm really curious of what you are going to do now. You are art teacher. You know how to animate. You know (in both theory and practice) that whatever artistic/creative you do and show it to other people can influence them as it can carry a message. Plus, this little video over here I've just seen has a very nice and smooth narration; don't lose it because I'm a immediate fan of it. So, what's next? I really wish for something valuable and wonderful. Something from out of your life's experience. This before making this animation and the one that you are living right now, after making it.

Best of luck! :)

The W Force - Episode 1 The W Force - Episode 1

Huummm... :)

Splendid voice acting, fine story!